We are referring to the several titles that have been given to this edifice, according to the original concept in which the Purhépechas needed both material and spiritual assistance. “Tata” Vasco was already bishop when he founded this hospital between 1536 and 1540, and it had the same functions as the Santa Fe de México and the Santa Fe de la Laguna hospitals. On the east side of this building, opposite the collegial church, stands a lovely arcade that defines Lerín street. North of this arcade is located a sunken fountain that dates from the construction of the main building. The Virgin of Health was located here for 191 years, until 1908 when she was transferred to the Basílica.